Links We Love: The How Yoga Can Change the Way You Interact with the World Edition
Each week we scour the interwebs to bring you amazing yoga articles, insights and stories that we hope will illuminate the power of yoga, the ways in which it can heal and soothe and the ways in which it can make us laugh, smile and learn much more about ourselves than we ever expected. This week’s links we think you’ll love are all about how yoga can help change the way you interact with the world. Whether it’s coming to the realization that there is no such thing as a perfect practice or that real beauty comes from within, yoga can shift the place of your awareness, thus changing the way you look at the world.
- 10 Quotes to Inspire Your Yoga Practice – “The fluctuations in my practice have taught me an incredibly important lesson: There is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ practice. The only thing ‘perfect’ about yoga is the opportunity it presents – the opportunity to be present and honor that place within all of us which is of love, truth and peace. Easier said than done? Maybe. But believe me, I am trying.”
- KATHRYN BUDIG: SLOW BEAUTY THROUGH YOGA - “The modern world is full of fast fixes and opinions on what makes someone beautiful. Buy the perfect eye cream to banish 10 years or eat only cabbage for a week to drop 15 pounds. There’s solution after solution to make you more beautiful when perhaps the ultimate solution is remembering that you already are. I feel most beautiful when I am balanced, relaxed and far away from the voices and events that stress me out. Practicing yoga has been a key factor in creating this balance of effort and ease.”
- Being Alright With Being | Intent Blog – “Yoga unites and brings together all parts of our selves that feel fragmented, so we feel whole and complete. When we make the choice to step away from our daily lives and onto our mats, it is an act of devotion to our Who: who do we want to be in our relationships, careers, communities, and ultimately, how can we show up aligned with our highest truth? Exploring this question can inspire us to live our passion and manifest our unique purpose.”
- What Handstands Say About Your Energy – “Every handstand, or challenging asana, we do is an invitation to transform our approach from rhetoric lead to one that flows from breath. When the dialogue shifts from being dogma driven (thinking, logic) to breath motivated (awareness, energy), the consciousness automatically shifts from the head (brain/cognitive) to the heart (body/viscera). This simple shift in perspective will change the place of your awareness, radically transforming the way you interact with the world. If you don’t believe me, try it. You’ll be amazed at what you see.”
- Life lessons learned from Ashtanga Yoga - Breath focus is a big part of what got me through 30+ hours of unmedicated labor…not to mention innumerable other episodes of physical and mental challenges. I’m a believer that breath can get you through almost anything.