Links We Love: The Yoga is Everyday Life Edition
Each week we scour the interwebs to bring you amazing yoga articles, insights and stories that we hope will illuminate the power of yoga, the ways in which it can heal and soothe and the ways in which it can make us laugh, smile and learn much more about ourselves than we ever expected. This week’s links we think you’ll love are all about how your practice teaches you how to deal with everyday situations in life. Once you have learned the importance of your breath, you now have the tools to help you through anything life throws at you.
- The Battle with Self-Doubt in Yoga – The basis of the yoga postures lie in training the mind to move with the body in a continuous stream of prana (generated by the breath). Ultimately, it is not about touching your feet to your head or sitting in lotus as it is about understanding the scattered behaviour of the mind.
- Managing Stress with Yoga – A Proactive Approach – A yoga practice is like the handiest tool kit at the hardware store; there is always some jewel of wisdom, meditation tip, yoga pose or breathing technique in that toolbox to help you through every single situations through life.
- First Yoga Class? Everything You Need to Know – When we find ourselves in a physical shape that is challenging, we begin to gain some awareness around how we respond to difficulty in life. We learn to breath through it. Over time this awareness that we cultivate on our mat can serve us in the world outside of the yoga studio.
- How Yoga Makes Me a Better Mom – “Because of my practice I know that I won’t get any moments of this life back and that makes every moment a precious jewel that I keep close and sacred.”
- The 4th Limb of Ashtanga – Pranayama - When we practice pranayama, we focus and regulate the breath, making conscious an unconscious action we do mindlessly all day. When we bring the breath under our control, the mind follows.