Links We Love: The Benefits of Practicing Yoga Edition
Each week we scour the interwebs to bring you amazing yoga articles, insights and stories that we hope will illuminate the power of yoga, the ways in which it can heal and soothe and the ways in which it can make us laugh, smile and learn much more about ourselves than we ever expected. This week’s links we think you’ll love are all about the benefits of practicing yoga.
- The Everygirl’s Intro to Yoga: “Yoga, however, gracefully intertwines all three aspects of health by incorporating your mind, body and soul.”
- Benefits of Practicing Yoga While Pregnant: “Yoga when you are pregnant helps to strengthen the body for child bearing and aids in relieving the common discomforts the body experiences.”
- The Importance of Setting an Intention: ” When we can prepare ourselves, set an intention for a given interaction and enter with a calm attitude, we can create the results we want. Setting an intention before anything – from taking a yoga class, going on a date or giving a presentation at work – helps to organize one’s thoughts and put the mind at ease.”
- Yoga Pilot Program Helps Docs De-Stress: “Residency tends to be a very stressful situation both financially, personally, physically clinically and there’s really no introduction of self care and well being to our residents and I think it’s important to introduce certain techniques like yoga and meditation so we can improve both the physicians’ well being and self care and then hopefully translate into better patient care,” Graham said.”
- Why We Need to Pay Attention to Our Breath: “We are made of space, literally. We are made of exploding star stuff. Our atoms are 99% devoid of matter; they are empty. We need the space that breathing creates. It helps us to continue creating space, to become devoid of conditioning; to continue unlearning the fear, anxiety, and stress that we have learned; the stories that we’ve held on to for dear life, even though they were no longer serving us.”