Links We Love: The How Yoga Can Help Change Our Perspective Edition
Each week we scour the interwebs to bring you amazing yoga articles, insights and stories that we hope will illuminate the power of yoga, the ways in which it can heal and soothe and the ways in which it can make us laugh, smile and learn much more about ourselves than we ever expected. This week’s links we think you’ll love are all about how practicing yoga can help change your perspective.
- Coming Home: “I used to need a concrete image of home—a house or a place that was always the same. But what I’ve found in my yoga practice is a consistency within myself that grounds me, making me feel, quite simply, at home.”
- A Simple Practice That Can Make You Happy: Want to practice meditation but can’t find the time? Start with two minutes a day. It will change your life.
- Yoga for Fear: “By letting go of ego, you are ultimately acknowledging that there are things in your life that you cannot control. By letting go of the need for control, we can be present. Learning to be present is what yoga is all about.”
- 8 Tips for a Successful Home Yoga Practice: “One of the most beautiful and liberating aspects of yoga is that you don’t need any fancy equipment or a designated building or field to practice. Yoga is accessible. The practice meets you where you are – as long as you are willing to approach it.”
- Yoga Helps Stroke Survivors Regain Balance: “Those in the yoga groups also reported better independence and quality of life and were less afraid of falling.”