Mothers are extraordinary. Whether they are biological or not, moms are the women who inspire us, guide us, the ones who encourage our dreams, pick us up when we fall, tells it like it is and believes in us even when we don’t believe in ourselves.
Today we get the chance to celebrate all they are and all that they do. Thank you, moms for all you’ve done and all you continue to do for us! Now go take one of our Yoga for Mothers classes and relax. You deserve it!
- Mommy/Daddy Emergency Meditation with David Harshada Wagner: A deep five minute reset meditation especially for busy overwhelmed parents and caregivers.
- Yin for Your Mom with Giselle Mari: Yin energy represents the feminine. Focus not just on your own mother figures but also on mothering yourself. When in balance with this energy, you have a feel of contentment and acceptance with what is. Whether this is to heal or celebrate your mother or both, let this be a time of acknowledgement of this dynamic, powerful and complex relationship, both outside of and within yourself. Props Needed: A blanket and a bolster.
- Love for Hard-Working Moms with Jo Tastula: This delicious class addresses the needs of a hard working mommy. Love given to the fingers, hands, shoulders, chest and core. We work with a block in sun salutations to gain that vital strong center. Prop Needed: A blanket and a block.
- Yoga for Mom with Stephanie Snyder: Hey Mom, this is for you! You give and give and give and this is the practice giving back to you. Sometimes we flow gracefully, courageously and magically and other times everything seems to be slowly falling apart- the yoga somehow makes it all ok- whatever it is.
- Head So Full Alex van Frank: For those moments when you feel that your head is just so full of to do lists, information, decisions, work, distractions and busyness. Release the muscle tension and stiffness that happens in your body when it is overwhelmed. Empty your mind to find your flow and function better. Props Needed: A chair, a strap, a bolster and two blocks.